Discussion in   Shard Legends & Lore   started     7 years ago   August 28, 2016, 11:16:38 AM   by   Expo

2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!

Expo
294 Posts
Topic :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  August 28, 2016, 11:16:38 AM

I am doing something different this years (2016) Pirate Month by expanding on lore of past events and bringing new characters and problems into the mix. I'm going out of my "comfort zone" this time around and tackling Tokuno and it's weirdly drawn items and ninjas. A mashup of Pirates and Samurais... this'll be fun.

Feel free to comment on the event and posts!

Join Bootleg Jenkins on another epic voyage for treasure and lore through the many seas and facets of the UOEvolution shard! Watch the video below for hints on the upcoming event and give it a thumbs up for pirate heartiness and a comment for props!

Expo
294 Posts
#1 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  August 28, 2016, 11:43:19 AM

The monotony of collecting Treasures of Tokuno ate away at his sanity like a ravenous Tsuki Wolf, consumed with devouring every morsel of its latest prey, using all three heads at the same time. Nevertheless, as was customary of his station, Ihara Soko horded the artifacts that adventurers brought to him within the safeguard of Zento, protecting them from brigands, raiders, and others unworthy of their possession.

Unfortunately, this year had been harsher than usual on trade, especially with the Yamandon Meat shortage and the Pirate attacks that had almost completely frozen trade within Tokuno. Regardless of the hopeless feelings some of his council members had, the Imperial Minister of Trade returned to his station. Every. Single. Day.

But today was different…

He had grown weary of the slow political process within the government of Tokuno. They made the most mundane issue an unnecessarily drawn out affair. Ihara Soko breathed a heavy sigh as the realization of what he must do settled in.

With quill, scroll and stamp in hand, the Imperial Minister of Trade quickly scribed a message to someone he had unjustifiably forsaken long ago but knew was the only person he could rely on in trying times...

Expo
294 Posts
#2 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  August 31, 2016, 01:32:32 AM

There had been an eerie feeling in Tokuno for quite some time, many believed due to Serado the Awakened always being… awake. Unlike the other “champions” of the Facets, Serado had proven himself to be worthy of the title, as he and his forces defeated and drove adventurers back through the moongates to never return, afraid of a little challenge. The people of Tokuno suffered greatly because of this.

They believed themselves neglected and cursed, causing them to withdraw from meaningful interactions with the other Facets, inducing a state of numbness to their perception of reality. This allowed corruption to seep easily into their lives, becoming nothing more than another action towards an unnecessary means to no real end. Artifacts of Tokuno, be they greater or lesser, were gathering dust and accumulating like excess cargo on a ship.

“Much like this piece of flotsom!” she grumbled to herself. Due to budget reductions and petty politics, the “ship” was nothing more than a standard dragon ship, unable to carry even half of what was in the cargo hold, let alone on the deck as well. She cursed the one responsible for this, loathing every minute of his presence within her mind.

Unfortunately, the scroll carried the seal of the Imperial Minister of Trade and whether she like it or not, she would remain loyal to her superior, even though he had…
KAL VAS FLAM!!” The sea serpent wretched over and floated lifelessly in the sea, the waves from her ship crashed upon it, leaving more debris for Lag the Monster to clean.

Expo
294 Posts
#3 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  August 31, 2016, 01:32:57 AM

*You notice signs posted throughout the Facets*

*You are unsure of who Dennae Taek Soko is*
*You begin to ponder on where you might find some clues*

Expo
294 Posts
#4 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 11, 2016, 11:19:56 PM

I have to give props to LeoLeonardoll for making this gif. That's the sparkly job posting in game.

Expo
294 Posts
#5 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 24, 2016, 09:24:10 PM

• Who - Invitation to you
  • What - Event hosted by Expo
  • Where - UOEvolution shard, Britain Bank
  • When - Tonight at 9pm EST! 9/24/2016
  • Why - Engaging and Entertaining Event with Special Rewards for All!
*Insert lore of the land*

A year ago today, the infamous pirate of Buc's Den, Bootleg Jenkins, and players of the UOEvolution shard embarked on a journey through the seas of the Facets and uncovered treasure and secrets of the mysterious Serpent Pillars. Along the way they encountered sea creatures, deserted islands, pirates and their formidable Skull Keep which ultimately lead to Bootleg Jenkins stealing a mysterious trinket and disappearing for quite some time.

Recently there have been doomed merchant ships appearing once again, hampering the trade between Tokuno and other Facets. This crisis has caused the Trade Minister of Tokuno to offer a large reward for uncovering and eliminating the source of this disturbance.

Obviously we all enjoy an epic adventure and hoards of treasure. Will you join this Exposition into the perilous waters of Tokuno? Meet at Britain Bank at 9pm EST on Sunday, September 25th 2016 for an unpredictably great time, hosted by Expo.

Expo
294 Posts
#6 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 25, 2016, 10:46:46 PM

I'm still working on getting all the screenshots together. This was quite an insanely fun event and it might have been a little difficult for some folks, it was still quite a memorable experience. I'm looking forward to reading the comments of folks that were able to attend. And if you weren't, well that's why I have made this part of the event.

The picture below has hints on the quests available. They are not completely active yet, but some stealables might be around if you search carefully enough.

Expo
294 Posts
#7 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 25, 2016, 11:48:47 PM

This event was quite something.

I want to say I did NOT mean to move the port... it was supposed to be a player's corpse but I mis-clicked and boom! People ended up almost drowning in the water below but luckily the Evolites and Dennae were able to rescue them.

The Treacherous Tides of Tokuno! *sounds like a great new expansion*

The reports to the Ministry were correct about an extremely large ship that had settled between in the waters Zento and Homare-Jima. This must be the cause of the trade disturbance. The Evolites begin to board the pirate vessel.

Bootleg Jenkins appeared, apparently responsible for all the chaos that has befallen Tokuno. But why? Perhaps just for the booty?

A seasoned fighter, Bootleg Jenkins charged into the Evolites, quite unprepared for his devastating attacks. Even his own crew and the surrounding sea creatures felt the wrath of Jenkins, with so many corpses piling up, it was difficult moving on through the ship.

The deck was covered in bodies of pirates and Evolites alike, some barely hanging on, others lost to insurance costs or worse! Dennae Taek Soko searched throughout the once great pirate vessel, now completely decimated, for signs of her once beloved Bootleg Jenkins.

Unable to stall her crew longer, she gathered the most valuable items quickly and proceeded to embark on the final leg of the voyage and reach the docks of Homare-Jima to split the booty amoungst the survivors.

It was a shame there were no Bottles of Rum to quench the crews thirst. Only a few Evolites were able to recover Barrels of Bootlegged Rum but held them close, knowing the value of such a brew.

The Evolites arrive at the docks of Homare-Jima and begin to secure the ship.

With the help of the Evolites, Dennae Taek Soko and the Imperial Guards of Tokuno were able to unload the precious cargo from her vessel and store it within the Temple of Homare-Jima.

After the ruckus was over, booty was divided among the crew and this adventure would live on in the memories of the Evolites and people of Tokuno. They would remember this night as a new beginning in restoring honor and (some) prosperity back to their facet.

Expo
294 Posts
#8 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 26, 2016, 01:58:45 AM

Epic is right!  We were to assist this lass locate and secure a cargo vessel, when one of the crewmen assassinated her!  Luckily, it was only a decoy (she must have known skullduggery was afoot), and we boarded her ship to our destination in Tokuno.  Countless swarms of sea-going monsters assaulted our ship, but we were equipped to stave them off.  While navigating through the gore of the sea-beasts, we were accosted by none other than Bootleg Jenkins!  That bugger had some foul tricks up his sleeves, as the whole shipped was rigged with poison gas, leaving many of our numbers more than ill.  The fight was bloody, his crew was defeated, but he, like any good Captain, went down with his ship.  We finally saw our destination, when the low tide brought with it the beasts lurking in the shallows, the crew we had were a rugged sort, and we took them with ease...that's when things took an interesting turn for me.  While I was stepping off the ship, onto the dock, I slipped!  Found myself under the dock, wading in the water like a lone buoy, helpless.  I could hear the battle raging off the pier, but was in no shape to assist me mates.  As luck would have it, I gained my senses, and was able to get onto the pier.  Pirates, brigands, and the uncouth sort were attempting to ransack the precious cargo, but we deterred the attack.  Our mission accomplished, our crew had a few drinks, and boasted of the amount of times we killed (or were killed).At least that's how I remember it.  Epic event to be sure!

Evolution
1299 Posts
#9 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 26, 2016, 11:20:25 AM

Here are a few more screenshots from the epic pirate adventure!

Admin Dante - Owner - UO Evolution Custom Ultima Online Shard

Website - http://www.uoevolution.com

Forum - http://www.uoevo.com/forum

Wiki - http://www.uoevo.com/wiki

Discord - http://www.discord.gg/JwEBhPH

Evolution
1299 Posts
#10 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 26, 2016, 11:22:27 AM

UO Evolution Epic Pirate Event - Pirate Week 2016

Admin Dante - Owner - UO Evolution Custom Ultima Online Shard

Website - http://www.uoevolution.com

Forum - http://www.uoevo.com/forum

Wiki - http://www.uoevo.com/wiki

Discord - http://www.discord.gg/JwEBhPH

Emperor_Norton
166 Posts
#11 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 26, 2016, 06:17:50 PM

A roller coaster of emotion!  I laughed, I *hic*'d, I died, and I slipped (off the pier).  Loved it Expo, as always, your events offer something a little different each time!  Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to the next adventure!

LeoLeonardoIII
17 Posts
#12 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  September 28, 2016, 04:57:16 PM

Definitely a unique experience and I definitely enjoyed the fresh new content! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

asig
11 Posts
#13 Re :   2016 Pirate Month - An Exposition through the Treacherous Tides of Tokuno!
7 years ago  October 01, 2016, 07:55:21 PM

Late here to this, but I had a lot of fun. Thanks again!