Discussion in   Suggestions   started     8 years ago   December 06, 2015, 03:36:45 PM   by   MisterTuggles

Demented Tinker gear

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
Topic :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 06, 2015, 03:36:45 PM

I think I have suggested this directly to a gm before, but figure I should toss it on here to try and push the issue :-)

I believe that all of the armor slot pieces of the demented tinker gear should be able to be socketed. I know tinkering is kind of useless here, but for whatever reason I collected a full +10 set. Had started the socketing process, and it seems that there are 3-4 pieces of the actual armor that aren't able to get the sockets (arms, boots, hat, gloves). I am not sure why it was designed this way, but wouldn't it make sense that armor you essentially have to farm to get +10 of be able to be better in terms of +skill wise than regular platemail?

TLDR: Make all armor pieces of the Demented Tinker gear able to be socketed.

Expo
294 Posts
#1 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 07, 2015, 02:22:45 PM

You got +10 of each piece? I commend you! It's probably a lot easier than it should be because I messed up the spawner long ago hahaa.

I think tinkering is used for several things here though so it's not "useless" per say. As for making them socketable, I'll bring it up to Kane. I think it's because they're clothing but I'll double check.

Melchome
23 Posts
#2 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 07, 2015, 02:43:16 PM

It's not that easy I've been going in there for 2+ months I have gotten about 100 pieces and only 1 has been a 10 and of all the pices ithe was the fI'll apronounced lol. Some 9's and 8's but mostly low numbers. If I don't micro manage my pets the mobs will get the best of my 3 maxed afs's and 1 royal steed.

Expo
294 Posts
#3 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 07, 2015, 03:46:12 PM

That makes me happy to hear (that it's taken a bit and not so easy =)!

WafflesNCyanide
116 Posts
#4 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 07, 2015, 06:59:14 PM

The boots will likely never be socketable, The only pairs of boots that are socketable currently are the Boots of the Soul Walker, and Swamp Boots (Armored).  As for the other pieces, if the fit into a clothing hamper or can have a clothing bless deed applied, they will not be socketable as they are considered "Clothing" rather than "Armor"

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#5 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 09, 2015, 04:55:50 AM

I spammed for many a month to get the near full +10 (still missing the gloves though).

I understand the issue with the boots, but the rest of the actual armor pieces should be made to be able to be socketed. I mean, I can go grab a plate helm, 5 socket it, and get more bonus than I would from the +10 tinker head. Same with the Arms (boots as well, but mayybbbbeeeee that could be looked into lol).

And tinkering isn't useless, but the benefits of it are minimal. I am just one of those oddballs who wanted a full socketed set of tinkering gear.

**looks for tinker jeweller**

**cries**

WafflesNCyanide
116 Posts
#6 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 09, 2015, 05:55:58 AM

I mean to be honest, All you need is 240 tinkering to be able to use the Plat kits.  Everything else you would want to put into armslore/luck so you might be better off with fortune pieces in the first place

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#7 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 09, 2015, 03:44:18 PM

Just in general tinkering really has no point here (other than golems). Jewelry comes out very bad even with extremely high tinkering. I've played on a few shards before landing here, and crafted jewelry is typically the best

Just for example:
-Craft with plat + runic + high tinkering + whatever here, and you are lucky to get a skill put on.

-Crafted on another shard the same thing could end up giving you x2-3 +15 skills with +8 to str/dex/int (all three on one), and some HCI/DCI/SI/Enhance Pots/Etc. Now, that was a perfect one, but you kind of get the point.

I could spam things like that all day here, with a pile of junk to show at the end :-)

Guess that is a different rant though.

WafflesNCyanide
116 Posts
#8 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 09, 2015, 08:00:45 PM

I mean technically you still _can_ create jewelry like that here.  It's just super difficult. crafted on another shard is unfortunately irrelevant here as we have mostly custom systems.  The reason crafted jewelry is better on most other shards (Especially OSI because of imbuing) is because the skills list and proerties list has been "tinkered" with a bit here which is what allows socketing and things like that.  I've screwed around with jewelry crafting and it isnt _awful_ just really really RNG.

I would really like to see magical jewelry creation that did not require as many lare gems, as that's really the holding point.

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#9 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 10, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

What jewelry are you crafting to get high stats on it, and are you just capping at 240 tinker, then the rest an arms lore suit?

Sturger
730 Posts
#10 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  December 12, 2015, 03:25:55 PM

Time is the answer here, and these kinds of posts.

+1 one to both of you for this continued topic.

Kane is Kane does... give him time and he will get back around to crafting skills that need attention.  Everything mentioned here is a viable evolution. Time + Kane: will make it happen.

--Sturger--

Smilingdeath
275 Posts
#11 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  January 22, 2016, 02:06:03 AM

Wish I could get this gear for my Tinker,  would love a full set one of these days.
Guess I will have to work more and get the Ancient Fire Steeds for that place. 

Hopefully in the future Tinkering will be worked on and a lot of the Completely random gets removed after a certain point of Tinkering skill, with less random stats the higher the skill is levelled up.

On a side note, does anyone have a vendor for the Demented Tinker gear?  I saw one when I first started, but haven't been able to find it since then.

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#12 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  January 25, 2016, 06:12:25 PM

I don't mind the random. I just dislike that, even with a TON of tinkering, you get crap results on jewelry. Said jewelry also requires a lot of "rare" jewels to make. It is disappointing to say the least.

Expo
294 Posts
#13 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  January 25, 2016, 06:30:08 PM

Yea, the surveillance droids are the ones that discord/calm the area. Imagine RED ALERT! RED ALERT! Like Smilingdeath said, do your best to not use whirlwind or other AoE abilities... that's when things will get messy. *evil laugh*

That gear will be worth more soon enough.

Smilingdeath
275 Posts
#14 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  January 27, 2016, 05:39:04 AM

Is there any way to counter act the effects of the surveillance droids?

Sturger
730 Posts
#15 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  January 27, 2016, 04:51:29 PM

yeah, Bard them perhaps? Like you do with satyr's

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#16 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  April 24, 2016, 11:59:47 AM

When you say demented tinker gear will be worth more soon, do you mean you are going to make a new variant of it, or make tinkering more viable? My +10 set would be very sad if you changed the drop to something better, and it got left as is :-)

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#17 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
8 years ago  April 26, 2016, 04:47:22 AM

And if I COULD make a suggestion on the Demented Tinker gear.... Change it all to be able to be socketed. With the open availability of the Armoured Swamp Boots now, I don't see a problem with the boots being able to be socketed, but I am biased.

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#18 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  October 17, 2016, 04:38:08 AM

Wondering if there was any update on being able to socket this gear, or the usefulness of tinkering in general?

Thanks in advance!

Smilingdeath
275 Posts
#19 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  October 17, 2016, 01:19:11 PM

Have not heard anything new about the Demented Tinker Armour, as far as I am aware the boots are still not socketable.

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#20 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  October 19, 2016, 03:42:11 PM

Issue was there are multiple pieces of the set that are not able to be socketed.

-Hat
-Arms
-Boots

Currently can't be socketed, and I am unsure if the gloves can get sockets on them either (don't have them currently).

Mandy Bear
58 Posts
#21 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  November 19, 2016, 12:34:40 AM

High tinkering is very important for making gold panning pans.  The ingredients to make the pans is $5000.00 gold each.  Losing that much money every time I fail is unacceptable.  My tinkering is currently 188 with my tinkering suit and magic cloth, (and a very high tinkering talisman adds a lot).  I make the pans 100 percent of the time with a 92.3 percent chance to make an exceptional pan, (50 use pan is normal, 100 use pan is exceptional). Naturally, my constant aim is to make an exceptional gold pan every time.

Congrats on getting those +10 armor pieces.  I understand the quest to acquire them is very challenging. I just buy mine from other players and have a couple of augments I need to add to my armor pieces when I save up enough EDs to do it.  :)

Smilingdeath
275 Posts
#22 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  November 22, 2016, 01:41:50 AM

It is not a quest to get them. 
It is a LOT of farming, including some areas with fast respawn and some mobs with anti-pet code/increased damage to pets. 

Lots of high health high damage creatures further in as well.
To add to the difficulty, there are non-aggressive creatures that behave the same as Satyr mixed in with them that can and will peacemaker you from the edge or off the edge of the screen with an AoE peacemaker, same as the Satyrs, that lasts just as long and with no reliable method of preventing it, unless you are able to peacemaker or provoke them on the others before they do the same to you.  They will also provoke your pets against you and your friends, so multiple pets makes it even worse in there.  So AoE weapons and spells are a really bad choice inside of there.

For those that have farmed for the items it has been a long grind just to get them.  To make it worse, not many will bother to buy any pieces we farm that are not +10, and the +10 items do not sell for much since there is a limited market for tinker items at this time.

Also the boots, helm, and full apron are not socketable items unfortunelay.

At least there is no cost to repair our gear for the most part, other than insurance in there. Lol.

Mandy Bear
58 Posts
#23 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
7 years ago  November 22, 2016, 08:38:39 AM

It is not a quest to get them. 
It is a LOT of farming, including some areas with fast respawn and some mobs with anti-pet code/increased damage to pets. 

Lots of high health high damage creatures further in as well.
To add to the difficulty, there are non-aggressive creatures that behave the same as Satyr mixed in with them that can and will peacemaker you from the edge or off the edge of the screen with an AoE peacemaker, same as the Satyrs, that lasts just as long and with no reliable method of preventing it, unless you are able to peacemaker or provoke them on the others before they do the same to you.  They will also provoke your pets against you and your friends, so multiple pets makes it even worse in there.  So AoE weapons and spells are a really bad choice inside of there.

For those that have farmed for the items it has been a long grind just to get them.  To make it worse, not many will bother to buy any pieces we farm that are not +10, and the +10 items do not sell for much since there is a limited market for tinker items at this time.

Also the boots, helm, and full apron are not socketable items unfortunelay.

At least there is no cost to repair our gear for the most part, other than insurance in there. Lol.

Thank you for all that info!  When the process was described to me for getting the armor pieces I just assumed it was some horrible, nasty quest--(Still sounds horrible and nasty!).  I can see where a topnotch Bard/Fighter would have a better chance for success. 

Unfortunately, I have yet to find +10 pieces on vendors...mostly they're just getting rid of the lesser pluses and keeping the tens.  My highest piece is +8.

Even if I never made another gold pan I would hold on to the armor pieces--you never know what Kane has in store for our crafting system. 

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#24 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
6 years ago  August 08, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

Bumping this back to the top.

Make all Demented Tinker Gear socketable!  Yay!

MisterTuggles
98 Posts
#25 Re :   Demented Tinker gear
4 years ago  November 27, 2019, 09:05:07 PM

Bumping this back to the top.

Make all Demented Tinker Gear socketable!  Yay!

uppity up.