Discussion in   Screen Shots   started     7 years ago   June 16, 2016, 09:26:13 PM   by   Expo

I bet you still remember...

Expo
294 Posts
Topic :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 16, 2016, 09:26:13 PM

...the name of your first UO character?

Vulcan
12 Posts
#1 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 16, 2016, 11:14:56 PM

Mine was Swift.

Agni-WhiteFlame
23 Posts
#2 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 17, 2016, 12:14:42 AM

Fiernocht, attached is a custom art done for me by a good friend.

Agni-WhiteFlame
23 Posts
#3 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 18, 2016, 03:45:27 PM

hehehe TY Expo, it was done by a friend from my previous shard. She is so very talented, she taught english over in china for 7 years is a major art nerd (good thing) and is beautiful to boot haha.

Vividos
10 Posts
#4 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 18, 2016, 08:09:01 PM

I remember tents.  this was your house you could afford.  It had 1 chest.  This was pre-lockdowns.

Harper
53 Posts
#5 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 18, 2016, 11:51:19 PM

I remember tents.  this was your house you could afford.  It had 1 chest.  This was pre-lockdowns.

I've always loved the look of tents! I didn't enjoy them as much in-game as I thought I would because a lot of people just used them to block good house spots but there were some nicely placed ones too. Especially the few I saw on the roofs of other houses.

What did you mean by pre-lockdowns? All I remember is lockdowns... I think there weren't any secures way back when, which is why house looting was so easy and rampant. If you could get in, you could grab everything except the locked down containers.

My first character's name was Tang Shen. I first made gold by stealing books off the shelves near the North Jhelom Island docks and selling them to NPCs. The first guild I joined was S^K (Stars of Kismet) which was based in Jhelom. They were a bunch of very nice folks, craft loving pre-Trammel Trammies, who got slaughtered on every single dungeon outing. Literally could not beat any PK even with 8v1 odds.

Sturger
730 Posts
#6 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 21, 2016, 03:50:56 PM

First character was called Red Wolf... played him like the ranger class from second edition Dungeons and Dragons.

First shard was Atlantic, but my favorite shard was Drachenfels.

I was probably the only non German speaking player on the shard its opening day, and I had a house there in 3 days... good old shear the sheep and sell the wool, for 68 gold a pile.

But the reason I loved it the most was it was my Role Playing PK shard. A bunch of us pretended we were Eaters of the Dead-- like from the movie thirteenth warrior-- wore only bone armor and deekskin masks and kill the Germans.

We had a list of things we could take-- like gold and weapons-- but nothing else. We also took the heads... it was great while it lasted.

--Sturger--

Cain
37 Posts
#7 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  June 22, 2016, 09:10:11 PM

Acacia

Blackmamba
75 Posts
#8 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  July 18, 2016, 08:27:44 PM

Spyder Monkey

Emperor_Norton
166 Posts
#9 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  October 01, 2016, 06:29:06 PM

Surprise-surprise.  My first UO character was "Emperor Norton", who was deleted when I joined the Ancient Order on Napa Valley, as before there were guilds, many would name their characters with a prefix or suffix to show guild affiliation.  Emperor Norton became Norton AO.

thallos
65 Posts
#10 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  October 02, 2016, 12:34:27 PM

Mine was Falco on Baja.

Expo
294 Posts
#11 Re :   I bet you still remember...
7 years ago  October 31, 2016, 12:05:17 AM

I just realized I never answered my own question! *laughs*
My first character's name was Balathustrius. DUN DUN DUUUNNN!!!