Discussion in   Report Bug   started     11 years ago   May 26, 2013, 02:09:05 AM   by   Peterr

Resisting Spells on a spanking new character

Peterr
129 Posts
Topic :   Resisting Spells on a spanking new character
11 years ago  May 26, 2013, 02:09:05 AM

I had paged for the problem, but i sort of figured it out myself.
My brand new character has trained allot, and i wanted to train resisting spells through magery on myself.
I was gaining according to the system messages, but skill list didn't show.
I purchased some base points from NPC, but skill list just wasn't showing.

First time i go out and punch a monster in the face, poof! there's the resisting spells showing in the list.
And now i'm gaining like normal (even when casting magery on myself).

Perhaps not really a bug, but good to know i guess :)

Kyn
336 Posts
#1 Re :   Resisting Spells on a spanking new character
10 years ago  June 11, 2013, 06:57:25 PM

I had paged for the problem, but i sort of figured it out myself.
My brand new character has trained allot, and i wanted to train resisting spells through magery on myself.
I was gaining according to the system messages, but skill list didn't show.
I purchased some base points from NPC, but skill list just wasn't showing.

First time i go out and punch a monster in the face, poof! there's the resisting spells showing in the list.
And now i'm gaining like normal (even when casting magery on myself).

Perhaps not really a bug, but good to know i guess :)

Sometimes the client receives the wrong packet from our server or due to an action you take in game. This sometimes sets some of the client side gumps into a "frozen" state. This is most likely what happened with your skills list. Having the gain packet sent again from the client (when a monster hit you) resynced the client and allowed you to view the correct gump again. This is a pretty rare occurrence but we do our best to maintain client side and server side stability for issues like this. I'm glad you got it figured out. Best of luck!