Discussion in   PVP Discussion   started     7 years ago   November 17, 2016, 04:56:31 AM   by   jurppa

UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament

jurppa
9 Posts
Topic :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 17, 2016, 04:56:31 AM

Hey fellas!

Would people be interested in player hosted PvP tournaments? We could collect fee/donation to rewards from participants and organize 1v1 and/or 2v2 tournament in good spirit. I could be one of the organizers, and if people are interested we could make rules here in forums? Maybe tourney every two weeks or once a month?

Also there could be specialized pvp tourneys now and then ie. only crafted items, only leather items and plain weapons, no bandies and so on.

Also own bracket for NEW people could be made and prizes could be something like basic keys etc.

Im more than willing to give prizes from my own pocket if we could get this running! Are you guys interested? For those interested in building the event and not having forum account you can PM me with suggestions ingame: Jurppa

Thanks for taking your time reading this!

- Jurppa

jurppa
9 Posts
#1 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 17, 2016, 12:37:00 PM

Dante kindly talked to me about the event, I would start hosting it every saturday at 7pm server time, I'd need atleast one more organizer though to help me run it smoothly ( I sometimes have night shifts so I cant always be online ). If everything goes as planned we could have first pvp event in december 10th

jurppa
9 Posts
#2 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 17, 2016, 02:53:44 PM

So far so good fellas! We will be having our first PvP event december 10th, 7pm server time. I will be paying prizes from my pocket, first prize will be atleast worth 100 ED.

Cain has awesome PvP arena that we can use for this event. First PvP event will be 1v1 anything goes expect pets, or expo pots / conflergate pots.

If we have enough players participating we will have two brackets A and B.

A players will be the more experienced pvp players, and B will be anyone with less experience in PvP, some players will be placed in A bracket automatically but you can ask to be put there if you think you can fight the more known pvpers of the shard!

RULES:

[ Work in progress, everyone can, and should contribute to rules ]

So far the basic rules for normal ( not themed event, they will have their own rules posted week before the PvP event ):

The meaning of this event is to get to do some PvP! I hope we can sparkle up some fel inspiration and spontanous pvp in fel. Also this is place where you can show others how good you are.

I hope the experienced players will take lead in the first few events and show good sportmanship ( and I know they will, they are mostly good fellas even if they will kill you on sight in prime champ... *sigh*)

1. No pets
2. No explosion potions
3. No murder counts after you get killed
4. No looting ( this should be no-brainer, insure your items before you come )
5. Have good time, this event is all in good mood.
6. Everyone will get prize for participating!
7. Show respect to all players, not all of us are good in PvP.
8. Player that is responsible for current event cant participate it.

Thanks all! Lets make another great Evolution Event happen.

- Jurppa

Warboss
47 Posts
#3 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 17, 2016, 05:45:56 PM

Good on you for hosting this. If I get free I will attend.

Maybe in the future have a pre-made suit to have a level playing field for everyone. Future that is.

jurppa
9 Posts
#4 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 29, 2016, 01:43:45 PM

Apparently Jagger took responsibility for the PvP events :) So we dont need player run one anymore. Everyone participate his gladiator event at 10th December :)

Sturger
730 Posts
#5 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  November 29, 2016, 02:50:19 PM

To the contrary I say!!!  ???

Jagger's Events are just the beginning. Let us remember however, we don't want to burn him or the events he hosts, out.

Player run anything is a must have on Evolution... so save up (gold/good stuff) and run one with prizes; though not on a day when an official PvP event is running, of course.  8)

There are so many ways to PvP it is silly to make only Jagger host stuff.  PM, or find me in Team Speak, if you need ideas for a PvP event, I've got plenty!

--Sturger, of Skara Brea; reporter at large, EVO-Herald--

oldirty
9 Posts
#6 Re :   UO Evolution player hosted PvP tournament
7 years ago  December 07, 2016, 07:00:45 PM

Why no explo or conflag pots?