Discussion in   PVP Discussion   started     6 years ago   September 13, 2017, 07:41:19 PM   by   Cain

PVP Ladder Rankings

Cain
37 Posts
Topic :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 13, 2017, 07:41:19 PM

PVP Ladder Rankings ideas

instead of just dueling, what about a seasonal pvp ladder?

you sign up. get a ranking from lets say 1-20 (if theres 20 people involved)

you can challenge a maximum of up to two spots ahead of you to a duel to rank up

its a first to five kills in dueling alone, 1v1s

so say it goes like

#1 des sanct #2 Cain #3 mayor #4 maynard maynard can challenge spot 3 or 2 to move up
if maynard would lose that first to five kills, he remains at spot four, unless challenged by someone from spot 5 or 6 and loses, or i could challenge des sanct for the #1 spot on the ladder and have to hold that for an entire month in a defending position

there could be a board coded into red city with the sign up listings to put your name on it and you would have to remain active, at least one challenge per week for rewards to be claimed at the end (most likely do it in months)

if you dont challenge within one week, your name would be removed and you'd have to resign up with a challenge to be listed again

the initial sign up is a 3 day period where anyone can put their name on the ladder

depending on your spot at the end of the month, that would be like the amount of ed you could claim

assuming theres only 15 or so active players right now

each spot, 1 would win 15 ed, 2 would win 14, and so on and so fourth

it wouldn't be a change in the economy, and would keep fair competativeness between higher geared players

if it were not coded in we could keep track of standings here and confirm challenges between each other, set times etc and work out details together

Cain
37 Posts
#1 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 13, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

Dodge rules & after match steps:

Dodge limit is 3 days. If defender does not reply in 3 days, the challenger will receive his spot. If you cannot complete his challenge at the time, please contact a mod and he will do his best to keep your position.

Duels are first to 5.

you may only challenge someone with 2 spots of your current rank.

After losing a match you may not re-challenge the person you lost to for 3 days however you may still challenge anyone else and anyone else may challenge them.

Des Sanct
28 Posts
#2 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 13, 2017, 09:02:04 PM

I'm good with that. Start compiling the list 1 through 20 and then we can take a week to tweak it to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Cain
37 Posts
#3 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 13, 2017, 10:09:19 PM

Sign-ups so far.
Cain
Maynard
Des sanct
Threetoedsloth

Whoever wants to join can post here and we'll create a roster. Share the post with your guilds and for the next three days we'll create the roster in order of sign up for placements and shortly after that the actual rankings will fill themselves out

Cain
37 Posts
#4 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 13, 2017, 11:59:03 PM

Realizing that some people can duel for 30 minutes at a time and at the request of people. Id like to change it to best of 3

elladamerie
5 Posts
#5 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 14, 2017, 04:46:41 PM

I'm interested but like you mentioned best of 3 instead of 5. some fights might takes hours to complete. even at best of 3

Cain
37 Posts
#6 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 15, 2017, 05:55:32 AM

well one duel might not be enough
so far the roster is
cain
des sanct
maynard
ella

tell more people about it to post here so we can actually get this started, i'd say if we have ten people thats good enough to start
the goal is to have people consistently challenging people trying to rank up, but it doesn't really work if you can't challenge because you're waiting on someone to finish their current duel or someone is away/busy etc

Des Sanct
28 Posts
#7 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 15, 2017, 07:04:13 AM

We're not going to get 10 people. Only chance is if there is a decent prize for anyone ranking 5 through 20. Then they might sacrifice. Unless you get a blessing from Dante himself that he expresses interest and will attend, it will just be the few of us.  Dante put himself in the thick of things... All the tram gnomes come out of the woodwork to be noticed by him.

Evolution
1299 Posts
#8 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 15, 2017, 08:41:15 PM

I would show up and help with the pvp events.  I will also make some nice trophies and prizes if you can get some participation and interest each week.  The rules must be clearly posted and fair for all, and the person hosting the event must commit to showing up on time, keep a tally of the winners and run the player event.

I can be online, but sometimes these events take many hours and I cant be present at the event the entire time, due to pages and other shard disruptions

Also if you give me the exact info, times, prizes etc I can post on the forums, in-game and on facebook to get interest for the event

Dante

Admin Dante - Owner - UO Evolution Custom Ultima Online Shard

Website - http://www.uoevolution.com

Forum - http://www.uoevo.com/forum

Wiki - http://www.uoevo.com/wiki

Discord - http://www.discord.gg/JwEBhPH

Cain
37 Posts
#9 Re :   PVP Ladder Rankings
6 years ago  September 16, 2017, 06:00:17 AM

The problem is its not a weekly event. It's an ongoing ladder that's updated. It's the players job to challenge and respond to other challenges and fight for higher spots for better prizes